Islam, Konwledge & Civilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Islam, Konwledge & Civilization

A Class Learning Tool

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the misunderstanding about between islamic architecture and architecture itself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beautyilham1015628

the misunderstanding about between islamic architecture and architecture itself Empty
PostSubject: the misunderstanding about between islamic architecture and architecture itself   the misunderstanding about between islamic architecture and architecture itself Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Most of people including the muslim have thought that only the mosque and madrasa is an Islamic architecture.
but in my opinion, Islamic architecture is more than that. because on Rasulullah's time, rasulullah also built the house and some part for muslim's businesses in order to increase muslim's economy.

On my opinion, Islamic Architecture is the art, product or buildings that contain of Islamic criteria or can easily said that a particular building have the functions for a Muslim to perform their duties and did not contain what Allah have prohibited in the Qur’an. and not a building which is only can a mosque or a madrasa. There are an islamic building for religion purposes, but how it is call as a Islamic architecture if there are many western and non-muslim and neglect the Islamic principles or laws on that building? Is it is still call an Islamic Architecture?

based on what i have studied, there are not only the mosque and madrasa can be indicate as Islamic Architecture, however, in my opinion, whatever that built in the sake of Allah, did not built more than sufficient, did not built for negative purposes such as showing off, haughtiness, and rivalry in building, it also can be considered as Islamic Architecture.

For an example, a house which is designed complete with the separation of men and women area, the toilet did not facing kiblat, have a privacy for the family, safety, and some other criteria that portray islam can be considered as Islamic Architecture.

Islamic Architecture is a huge field to be discover. We as a muslim should know what are the islamic principles or laws and applied it in all things that we do. We are creation of the Master of Creator, so why not we learn the knowledge about His creation and then learn how to create or built something in a better ways with the consideration of the environment and people at the surrounding.
Back to top Go down

the misunderstanding about between islamic architecture and architecture itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: the misunderstanding about between islamic architecture and architecture itself   the misunderstanding about between islamic architecture and architecture itself Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Salam
Yes, I think it is true and agree about your opinion about Islamic Architecture, which is not only mosque and madrasa, but it includes the buildings that built in the sake of Allah. I want to comment about today’s perception regarding the Islamic Architecture. They blindly said that any buildings which have an art and shape from Islamic civilization like dome can be claimed as one of the Islamic building even too many bad and prohibitive things happen inside there. Where do they get this knowledge? Even, in Western countries, there are too many buildings and structures built with domes, but there are also place to do maksiat.
Besides that, I want to give out my views regarding the number of mosques nowadays. Each Islamic country scrambles each other including Malaysia to construct huge, fantastic, magnificent and costly mosque as one of their country’s landmark and pride. But, try to observe the number of Muslims use that mosque. Sometimes, it is just a few of them or not more than a half utilize the millions value of mosque beneficially. And one more poser, are they built that expensive mosque because of showing off and raffish intention towards the other countries? If it is so, hence, maybe the mosque itself can not be called as an Islamic Architecture. One more, I do not defy the construction of that kind of mosque, but it must be in line with number of Muslims using it. From here, the mosque can functions as it should be and does not become a wasteful expense. Wallahuala’m.
( Please correct me if I’m wrong, because it’s just my point of view )
lol!
Back to top Go down

the misunderstanding about between islamic architecture and architecture itself
Page 1 of 1