Islam, Konwledge & Civilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Islam, Konwledge & Civilization

A Class Learning Tool

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Islam and ICT

Go down 
+5
mahmood jehda-oh
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Assalamualaikum WT
Nowadays, an advancement of technology such a computer is very influence to people in daily life; it is become an instrumental need of all humans for the gathering of information and knowledge. Therefore, to achieve in the knowledgeable Allah have mentioned in the verse (95:1-5) Allah revealed that He wants humanity to become knowledgeable and wise. The pen mentioned in the fourth verse can also mean “computer,” another tool for disseminating information and knowledge. As we know, computers are very important tools for ICT.
However, by increasing and advancing of technology, the internet access is not only provided the usefulness but also the harmfulness to human being. For instance, the rapid development of ICT globally also has led to the growth of new forms of national and transnational crimes, rapping, wasting time and so on. Therefore, we are as the Muslim should be awareness on this thing.

Inshaallah for the other informations I will post later on
[/b] flower
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: just wanna ask   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:53 pm

salam...as u a ict student,,,i just wanna know something,,,but im not so sure if this question is relate or not with ur course...erm have u read news about blackberry phone issues??because of the advance function and tecnology in that phone which is all the massage that sent by blackberry will be not trace by any party of communication include celcom and maxis and so on,,,by this technology,,,there will make bad things happens,,such as criminal activities cannot be traced,,,so what is ur opinion about this matter???as there are many of technologies nowadays actually is killing people culture and behavior.....
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:35 pm

w'salam!
As i have mentioned in the first post before. technology is not only bring a good thing but also the bad thing. Actually, what you asked me about blackberry the latest popular hand phone in this day, i really do not know about it functions clearly, how it works or how it influence to people live because i do not have it. So, it is difficult to me to show my opinion.
Anyway, the term that you said technology is killing people culture and behavior... It my opinion, it is depends on the user ethic and user awareness on it. you know how to use , nothing can be harm to you.Inshallah
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 pm

salam...i think technology is neutral...because beside we get benefit,,we also get harmful...not really depend on user use... Smile
Back to top Go down
mahmood jehda-oh

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:29 am

Assalamualaikum WT
In fact, the technology is double-edged sword that mean there is good and bad things;
but Muslim conscious knows how to distinguishes between two different ways.
So the Muslim should take this opportunity of using technology for purpose of Islam;
I think it's totally depend on the user... WallahUalam
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:52 am

salam..agreed with mahmood jehda-oh,as a muslim,ICT provides many positive opportunities in a context that most computer professionals might not have thought about. Smile
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 pm

i agree with mahmood jehda-oh and 0937331. however, actually, there are many Islamic websites in nowadays but it is ignored by muslim user. Embarassed it is very sorrowful...
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: not all   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:16 pm

it is true that technologies nowadays giv many benefits,,,by 1 click u can search anything...but,learning islam in internet is not such a good ways...this is because,many of people have go astray from the original islamic..as they wrongly pick up an islamic website as their islamic teacher,,it happen to many famous people..moreover to artist and islamic motivator...so,,,it is better to have directly teacher than having an e-teacher in internet...
Back to top Go down
mahmood jehda-oh

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 am

Assalamualaikum WT
You are right i agreed with 0932120.
Muslims should be aware of chosen Islamic websites,
Muslim should get websites from someone well known about religion...
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:24 am

we cant just learn about religion through website,.we should find someone tht can lead us towards the rigth path.. Question
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:26 pm

salam,,,
me too agree with 0932120...we should beware and choose correctly the websites..because some websites do not provide a sahih hadith and quranic verse but juz use it as support,,we may end up believing in those support and lead a wrong way of life... flower
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Yes.. all the above posts are true, the advancement of technology can become honey as well as poison to us. We, as Muslim should use this fabulous chance to increase our faith, our religion and our receding society nowadays. Just sharing an info, why Jews can conquer this current world even they are too small in quantity? Because the use the opportunities given to them beneficially in order to improve themselves. They worked as a unit, able to emerge forward even they ever being torture once ago.
By computer and internet, we can spread dakwah, important information and tazkirah throughout the world. ( agree with 0816426, there’s a lot of Islamic websites, but Muslims ignore them including myself ) For instance, if we want to boycott Israel products, we can post at the Facebook, or any others websites. Muslims who had experienced being torture by non-Muslim can story about their experience ( plus some pictures ) all over the world in order to increase our hatred towards them. So, we can use this non-Muslim creation to overcome them. Let them see how effective their creation for us.
In fact, all the things around us have their own pros and contras, they depend on us to change them to benign or malign device. Just like what we are doing now, using this tool to discuss, share and inform the knowledge together. Yes, maybe we are on the right track, utilise for the good purpose for the ummah.
Salam..

Last edited by 1019367 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:10 pm

Assalamualaikum
Dear sisters and brothers, even though internet provide us many advantages, it aslo bring harm to us. So as we are Muslims and Khalifah of Allah we should be aware of something which is Haram that can lead us to Hill........
So let do our best to control our Nafs. Many problems happened in our society bad and good but no one really care about that , why this happen ? because of most of the people no religion..... so to convince people to interested in seeking for religious knowledge, how do we do? any stategy?
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:53 pm

salam,,,yes,,i agree,,it is true that seeking religious knowledge is very important,,every person should have the feeling that seeking knowledge is important,,however,every person experiences differently,,people have different family backgrounds,,some may grow up in a religous family and some dont..so,,in my opinion,,one of the way to make people feel the importance of seeking knowledge is by inviting them to any knowledge ceremonies,,although they may refuse..but the important is our effort(the who feels the importance) to invite people until they feels the same way as we do,,and it is true that it is hard to invite people to Allah's path,,but just remember the rewards and believe that Allah will always be with people who help in His religion..besides that, we can start by telling religious story to them,,story which suits their level of understanding and in a proper and wise way..this is because every person has different level of understanding,,thats why we are learning understanding islam,,and i think,,a way to make people understand is by making the class like study circle..where the students are not just listening and writing and answering when being asked but like a discussion class,,,i have once watched a video of how the western people learn in college,,the lecturer speaks less and make the students speak more,,the lecturer even make the students discuss the topic they are learning among themselves,,this way will make the students understand better and even canboost up their confidence level,,the scenario is very few in malaysia..but maybe it is because of the attitude of the students themselves who will talk about something else which is not related to their study(including myself..hehe)..and this kind of attitude may exist because of not feeling that seeking knowledge is important,,my apologize for those who feel offended..
islam encourages people to seek knowledge,,because excellence is what Islam stands for while mediocrity is un-Islamic, it is a sin. Striving for excellence in everything we do is WAJIB..so,,im inviting you guys and also myself,,lets seek religious knowledge because islam is the way of life and so that we will not be misguided in this temporary life..any other suggestions??
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Internet contains bundles of information that can be rapidly and easily accessed
by the users. There are lots of Islamic sites have been developed with the purpose of providing and
disseminating Islamic knowledge and information.So,through the websites ,muslims are given online access to a lot of sources such as al quran translations,hadith and problems of Islamic fiqh etc.
Back to top Go down
wanSabiha

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:23 pm

assalamualaikum.. i like to comment about the first issue regarding to blackberry phone. i also heard about the issue where all activities through that phone cannot be traced by all communication company. for me this kind of technology most likely give harm towards the society as a lot of crimes can be done without any detection. if i'm not mistaken there are a few country that forbid the usage of this phone in the country to protect the society. and for me, that country make a good decision because they want to avoid major problems that will happen and protect the society.
btw, i agree about all comment regarding this matter. technology is neutral.. bring some good things and also bring some bad thing. for me it depends on the user itself, if they tend to take benefit from the technology, they can fully utilize it to get as much benefit as they can, same goes to the person if they want to do something bad they can fully utilize the technology to fulfill their aims.
regarding to the Islamic website, my lecturer once said that, there is a website, using an Islamic name but the website is actually promoting the activity that opposite the Islamic concept itself.. so, beware if you want to take information from the internet as non-Muslims or even Muslims itself can manipulate the Islamic teaching.
i want to add something, did you realize, with the advancement of technology right now, we people, little by little didnt socialize among ourselves, strengthen the ukkhuwah by meeting and discussing as we are always busy "socializing" through website.. and this actually will lower our communication skill and also we will be less sensitive towards our surroundings.
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:38 pm

salam, accordingly,there is nothing in Quran and sunnah which clearly prohibits muslims from developing and utilizing IT for their own end and purposes .However,it can be used for both positive and negative uses.It depends to humans to decide to which ends they will use it for.As Allah's vicegerents ,humans will be held responsible and accountable for all their ideas and actions.Those who use it towards positive ends will be rewarded for their good deeds.Prophet Muhammad s.a.w has stated,"The reward of good deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he/she has intended.."...wallahualam..
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:07 am

salam..

I like to agree with both comments from wanSabiha and 0937331 and just want to add my view regarding blackberry phone issue, it’s for sure depends on the government to decide whether to validate or to forbid the usage of that phone, but I think, most of Malaysians will oppose the decision to forbid it. Actually, it’s depend on us either to use it towards positive path or vice versa because it’s really originate from our main intention, but the problem comes whether it’s good or bad. Like 0937331 wrote from Prophet Muhammad s.a.w saying, ”The reward of good deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he/she has intended
."
It’s also an interesting fact that there’s a lot of fake Islamic websites nowadays. It’s one of the mediums use by non-Muslims in order to divert Muslims towards true path and as good and vigilant Muslim, we must aware with this problem and take some necessary actions to avoid that like check where the sources of the info come from.
wallahualam
Back to top Go down
wanSabiha

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 pm

i would like add something regarding to this matter. once before, it had been a chaos where we should boycott FB because it is invented by Yahudi Laknatullah. but, try to think differently, FB is one of the medium that have the largest amount of users and linkage, why we didn't use this medium to spread da'wah. we can use it to spread tazkirah and whatsoever that can help in spreading the words. it is not a wasteful. try to use all the medium that already available or try to invent another medium in other to help in spreading the da'wah.
p/s: do correct me if i'm mistaken. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Assalamualaikum
It is not wrong with the website but its wrong with the people who do not have Islamic knowledge , that is why. who created that website? who open and look for that wepsite? why this problem happen in our society? all of these because of those people does not have islamic religious and they are not believers in Hereafter.... no sin, no hell fire, no meeting with their God,and no last day for them.
Back to top Go down
wanSabiha

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm

yeah.. i agree with you.. it seems like right now, most people only live for the time being not thinking about the hereafter. the social networks which are available nor are used improperly. it is the place where the people mingle around to share the knowledge and strengthen the ukhuwwah but lastly become the place to do "maksiat" or sin. Nauzubillahi min zalik..
Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Salam, in my opinion fb have its advantages and disadvantages,main disadvantages is there is a high possibility that it is an agenda by mossad to track and trace everyone but on the lighter aspect of fb,like wan sabiha said it can be used as a medium of da'wah,and frankly speaking i have manage to discover a lot of interesting islamic facts through facebook even a lot on middle east problems which is especially important given that Malaysia media is somehow not interested in middle east problems it seems :?
But we can take this oppurtunity to spread islamic da'wah and also post on a lot about islamic contemporary issues nowadays like some of my fb friends are doing.From about doa's and hadiths to global islamic problems in egypt,sudan,jordan,somalia and in arabs countries.The key toward da'wah success here is university students involvement in this kinds of thinking and to use their fb walls as means of discussion and exchange of informations regarding towards problems that interest us as muslims.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Islam and ICT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam and ICT   Islam and ICT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Islam and ICT
Page 1 of 1