Islam, Konwledge & Civilization

A Class Learning Tool

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

law and revelation

Go down 
AuthorMessage

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Law of ALLAH, shariah is basically divine in its origin in which everyone has to propound and implement it in their lives. As it is divinely revealed by ALLAH s.w.t, the nature of it is pure and binding to all humankind. The superiority of the law is undeniable as it neither be changed or altered by the basis of modernization. For example, in the surah of Al- Ankabut : 45, ALLAH commands the people to submit themselves to ALLAH which directly enumerated in HIS revelation to be an obligation of the people to ALLAH s.w.t. without any alteration by time. Shariah, as well as it is concerned, guides the people to live in accordance as what ALLAH has prescribed. ALLAH has clearly prohibits the consumption of liquors and gambling (Al-Maidah:90), to protect the five basic purposes in Islam ie, protection of religion, protection of mind, protection of property, protection of dignity and protection of life.
Indeed, ALLAH has revealed those verses to guide humankind to HIS way which is the best way, provided that Al-Quran and sunnah are the most precious thing endowed to the humankind. As Allah has granted 'aql to everybody, we ought to utilise it to see the beauty of HIS creations so that we would never forget that we come from HIS blow, as he is our master which all his rulings should be obeyed without any doubts. In Malaysia specifically, we have our own Federal Constitution, statutes as well as precedents, but all these authorities will never resemble the superiority and comprehensiveness of what has been ordained by ALLAH in the form of Al-Quran and sunnah. Thus, in order to be a good muslim without failing to be a good citizen , one has to know and realize his origin so that he would never forget his master who has created him in the best form and he ought to propound all commands by ALLAH and avoid committing what he prohibits.

-rafiqree, 1016119-
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:31 am

Shariah is the sacred law of Islam as revealed through Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) in the Quran and Sunnah. It is the totality of God’s commands that regulate the life of Muslims in all its aspects: their duties towards Allah (God),
and their relations with one another and the environment. Muslims believe Shariah is God's law, but they differ as to what exactly it entails. Modernists, traditionalists and fundamentalists all hold different views of Shariah, as do adherents to different schools of Islamic thought and scholarship. Different countries and cultures have varying interpretations of Shariah as well. In Malaysia, even though Islam is the official religion of the federation as stated in article 3 of the Federal constitution: but other religions may be practised in peace and harmony in any part of the Federation. Article 3 declares merely that Islam is the religion of the federation. It does not declare, as does the constitution of Pakistan, that the federation is an Islamic state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: law in malaysia   law and revelation Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:03 am

assalamu'alaikum..
bismiLlahirRahmanirRahim...
i am not from kuliyah of law..just want to let you all think of our law or constitution. don't you think that our country doesn't apply one of the constitution which is said that Islam as the official religion. in fact, we can't see where the true Islam. only we can see Islam in the official event as they just recite al Quran and du'a... what about others? and the most important thing, in our 'rukun negara', the first is "believe in God"... if this is the islamic country, why don't we state it as believe in Allah, since other religion also have their own 'god'.. so, we as IIUM student should try to bring back Islam in our daily life. for those who taking this programme - LAW, please observe the truth...waLlahuA'alam..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Islamic law in Malaysia   law and revelation Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:25 pm

thanks for your respond. for your information Malaysia is not an Islamic state. That the federation is not an Islamic state is clear from the following:

1. The White Paper on the Constitutional Proposals for the federation of Malaya which reaffirms that:
“…there has been included in the proposed Federal Constitution that Islam is the religion of the Federation. This will no way affect the present position of the Federation as a secular state.”

2. The clarification by Prime Minister Tunku Abdul Rahman on a statement made by an Honourable Member that the federation has been ‘officially recognised as an Islamic state’ in a debate in the Federal Legislative Council in 1958: “I would like to make it clear that this country is not an Islamic State as it is generally understood, we merely provide that Islam shall be the official religion of the state.

3.The recommendation of the representatives of the Federation of Malaya (Dato Wong Pow Nee and Encik Muhammad Ghazalie Shafie) in the Cobbold Commission:
“…we are agreed that Islam should be the national religion for the Federation. We are satisfied that the proposal in no way
jeopardises freedom of religion in the Federation, which in effect would be secular.”

The intention in declaring Islam as the official religion of the federation, as explained by the Alliance Party to the Malay Rulers who initially opposed the inclusion of such declaration, was primarily for ceremonial purposes, for instance to enable prayers to be offered in the Islamic way at official functions, such as installation of the YDPA, and similar occasions.

Source: A First Look At Malaysian Legal System by Wan Arfah Hamzah
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: 0936052   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Assalamualaikum.. i'm also not from LAW student.. but i'm agree with 1016396.. is it possible to change the first 'rukun negara': believe in God to believe in Allah? And one more thing, i had found an article about the the position of Islamic law in Malaysia.. so, i would like share something and you can give your opinions about this matter...

as we all know, Malaysia have 2 systems of court -civil and Syariah.. even it is said that the state government has a power to enact the laws from Muslim and can be enforced to them, it is only relating to the Muslim's personal laws and family only.. if there are related to criminal law, it depends on the Syariah court (Criminal Jurisdiction) Act 1965.. this means that even the state government can enact the laws for Islamic criminal matters, their jurisdiction are still limited.. for example,, the muslim who are committing zina, cannot be punished as prescribed by the Islamic punishment as mention in the Al-Quran.. the punishments that can be imposed by the Syariah Court for criminal offences (including zina) are as below:
i) imprisonment not more than three years or
ii) fine not more than RM 5000 or
iii) whipping not more than six strokes or
iv) the combination of all those punishments
the amendment of the Federal Constitution in 1998 has not widen the scope of the Islamic law but only separates the civil court from the Syariah Court..

by all this, how can we implement the laws of hukm hudud as prescribed in Al-Quran? is it possible to do it in Malaysia? Question.. so, for Law students u have the responsibilities to widen the scope of Syariah Court in Malaysia.. please correct me if I am wrong.. tq..

source: www.docstoc.com (The position of islamic law in Malaysia by Ahmad Termizi Abdullah- Master in Comparative Laws in IIUM)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Exactly, with little alteration. The responsibility should be put in OUR shoulders.
To be noted that, Malaysia is not a country evolved by a single race i.e malays. Indeed, we have what we call civil as well as syariah jurisdictions.
According to art 121 (1) (a), the civil court shall not interfere to cases which involve islamic law. For instance, sodomy, renouncement from islam as well as distribution of properties.
Referring to the case of che omar che soh v pp, if islamic law were to be imposed upon the accused, do you think it would be fair to everybody? in islam particularly, there is no crystal- clear restriction on drug trafficking. Factually, the accused was convicted for drug trafficking and with that offence, he was sentenced to death according to the penal code. There was a dispute where the accused should be convicted according to islamic law which the jurisdiction shall be vested in the shariah court. Logically, do you want a person trafficking drugs to be sentenced with a fine not more than 5k, whipped not more than 6 strokes and imprisoned not more than 3 years? -ask yourselves-
Thus, that is the pertinent reason why our leaders insisted that this federation shall not be an islamic state, but islam as the religion of the federation.
In order to implement hudud my dearest friends, the most important element is that everybody shall be the subject of the law itself. Malaysia is not a malay island, it is a multi-racial habitat. If hudud were to be imposed in the federal constitution, in the light of article 4 of it, no one is exempted from the punishment. And consequently, if your neighbour is an indian, knowing that your law is oppressing them, they will straight away kill you!
Remember that, ALLAH has allocated the law through his revelation for us to utilise and scrutise in the best way for the benefit of the mankind. If, the interpretation of law oppresing the other people, causing holocaust effect, that is not a good law.
P/S: Your comment is constructive, but do not blame anyone. Bear in mind that our federation is our responsibility, not solely AIKOLIANS.

Credit to: 1) An Introduction to the Malaysian Legal System (Wu Min Aun)
2) Islamic Law (Said Ramadan)
3) Administration of Islamic Law in Malaysia (Dr.Farid Sufian, Dr,Tajul Aris and Dr.Hisham)
4) An Introduction to The Constitution of Malaysia (Tun Mohamed Suffian Bin Hashim)
5) Constitution, .aw and Juduciary ( Tan Sri Dato' Haji Mohamed Salleh bin Abbas)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: 0936052   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:11 pm

for my previous post, I didn't mean to put a blame on anyone.. don't get it wrong.. I only want to give a motivation to all of us.. u're right.. this is OUR responsibility.. we have to do well according to our scopes with all the capacities that we have... For this case, I admit that I do not know laws better than u're.. thanks for your clarification.. n sorry for the misunderstanding.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Islamic law in Malaysia   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm agree to all of you. In order to implement Islamic Law (Hudud and Qisas) we must explain to all Malaysian including to non-Muslim to avoid any misconception of Islamic Law..

As regards to our discussion, it must be clear that the concept of commanding good and forbidding evil is not restricted to hudud (the fixed penalties). Hudud, in fact, represent one manifestation of commanding good and forbidding evil. However, this principle is all-embracing; its scope involves all affairs and activities. It is the goal of all Muslims, men and women alike, to reform the community where they live, to spread morality and decency; in short, to establish all that is good and to forbid all that is evil. In the pursuit of this goal, Muslims should adopt a kind and wise approach.

This, however, does not imply abandoning hudud or canceling them. Hudud represent a part of Islam that cannot be revoked. They may be delayed to the proper time, but they cannot be nullified.

By referring to Dr. Sano Koutoub Moustapha, professor of fiqh and its principles, International Islamic University, Malaysia, states:
Quote :

It is true that the Muslim community has to command the right and forbid the wrong. This obligation doesn't refer only to hudud but it does refer to other crimes such as bribery, disobedience of parents, undermining the teachings of Islam, laziness, hypocrisy, backbiting, etc.

As for the enforcement of hudud or punishments, this is a duty upon Muslim leaders, not individuals. In other words, no Muslim individual is allowed to carry out the hudud without the permission of the leader.

In the event that there is no Muslim leader in command —such as the case of communities where Muslims are minorities— then the enforcement or implementation of hudud law would have to be postponed and upheld, not to be abandoned as suggested in your question. There is a big difference between abandonment and postponement or upholding. As Muslims we are not allowed to abandon hudud. To abandon means to reject or cancel it. But we are allowed to postpone or uphold due to the circumstances and situations.

Moreover, Muslims in these minority communities should focus on ways and means of preventing Muslims from committing the crimes that entail hudud through da`wah work, talks, lectures, etc. The community should work on pacific and positive enforcement of these penalties through the said method.

Furthermore, one should not restrict the implementation of Islam to hudud, as Islam consists of economic, social, educational, and intellectual aspects. In this regard, a Muslim can command so many rights and forbid so many wrong deeds that are related to the said issues.

Thus, the true Muslim exerts every effort to apply the principle of commanding good and forbidding evil. If there are certain areas that he cannot enforce, he should direct his attention to other available and possible areas, adopting a gentle and wise approach.

Islamic Law in the Federal Constitution.
• The subordinate status accorded Islamic law by the British was continued after independence of the Federation of Malaya.
• Islamic law is not even included in the definition of law in Article 160 of the Federal Constitution.
• Article 4 states that the supreme law of the federation to be the Federal Constitution.

In order to implement Islamic Law in Malaysia, we need to make some alterations toward our constition, and it is not an easy task..

Source:
1) An Introduction to the Malaysian Legal System (Wu Min Aun)
2) Islamic Law (Said Ramadan)
3) Administration of Islamic Law in Malaysia (Dr.Farid Sufian, Dr,Tajul Aris and Dr.Hisham)

Last edited by 1018897 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hafidznasir90

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: implementation of shariah not relevant??   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:42 pm

i've one opinion about the implementation of shariah or so called islamic law in Malaysia, many of us think that the enforcement of it (shariah) is no longer relevant based on current situation in Malaysia. As we know, Malaysia consists of three major races, which is Malay,Chinese and Indian and several minor races, all of them practice different cultures and lifestyles, because of this big differences,so the need of shariah is not suitable nowadays, and because of this also ,many of us (malays) becoming what malay shouldn't be ,what i mean here is before this, malays are known with their eastern culture and hold the teaching of Islam firmly, but now it turned to be disaster when malays didn't follow what they should follow (Al-Quran and Sunnah), they see countries like America, UK, as model and idol that should be followed,not Islamic country like Arab Saudi, Mesir etc as their role model to be proud of, our youngsters(not all but mostly) becoming worst from day to day. Why this thing happened??who need to be blamed when malay girl is no longer virgin without married??who need to be blamed when our man become gay, lesbian and didn't shy to say that they are GAY and LESBIAN, and the most embarrassing part is they're really proud of IT !!nauzubillah.when malaysian actress,Rosnah Mat Aris made a statement that quite rough to our prophet and she just made a statement in newspaper to apologize to all,does we think that it's enough just to apologize without getting any punishment by condemn our beloved prophet??didn't we offended by her word?? so now we can still say that shariah is not relevant???because of there is no such law to guide and govern them, they go beyond the limit.
All this thing should be our burden to carry on and our responsibility to change it ,like our lecturer(salah mochouche) said in our class before "what is good about being multiracial country if we cannot hold their hand and ask them to embrace islam",it's our duty and responsibility to continue the islamic legacy like what our prophet did. For all this, i didn't blame anyone, but ourselves ,as we living and breathing in this world, how much did we contribute to Islam??what did we do to solve the problem of ummah??if nothing, we should something now, no matter what career that we're in ,lawyers, engineer, architect etc ,we should hold firmly the teaching of islam so we cant go beyond what islam has prohibited.

Mohd Hafidz (1016787)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:44 am

0936052, glad to have a person who truly concerns on this matter.indeed, your comment was constructive Smile
hope to speak in the class
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:07 am

hafidz, it all starts from the heart. as our beloved lecturer said, the brain isn't a brain, a heart is the brain. certainly, i do have some opinions pertaining to that. the legislature ought to restrict these kinds of act which at the end of the day will ruin, destroy,undermine and jeopardise the purity of islam.
if i were a legislature, i would enact an act to limit the act as well as speech of the people confining to matters of islam. or, i would assort certain words under seditious act 1948 to restrict the speech and act of the peoplewhich concern to the matter of islam.
this day, why the legislature doesnt as such?
the foremost reason is that most of them are secular. secular in a way that they think islamic law is totally unacceptable in this age.
-personal commentay-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wanSabiha

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:10 am

asslamaualaikum.. first thing first i want to ask you mr. 1016119. are you for or against about the hudud to be implement in Malaysia law? basically, I'm quite confuse with your previous comments.
actually I'm not agree with your comment regarding the matter of hudud. like you said before, "If hudud were to be imposed in the federal constitution, in the light of article 4 of it, no one is exempted from the punishment. And consequently, if your neighbour is an indian, knowing that your law is oppressing them, they will straight away kill you!". what I'm thinking right now is, in what way do they think the Islamic law will oppressed them. Based on the way the Islamic law will be implement, there is no single point that will oppressed human being as we already know that punishment in Islam is to give the wrong-doers and others the lesson. if you said that we cannot applied Islamic law in our country as we are multi-racial or multi-religion country, i want to make you remember once again, during the prophet time, there are also many religious been practiced, but why Rasulullah can applied Shari'a law? Why non-Muslim can feel oppressed with hudud is because they didn't understand thoroughly about it as they never once get fully explanation about hudud, how hudud will be done, what is the process in hudud to accused or investigate person. No one is bother to explain to them. they may think that hudud is cruel as they only see they punishment, not the purpose and the process behind it. furthermore, if someone has been accused for adultery, the person that raise up the case have to present 4 witness that seen the it and also with strong proves, then the punishment can be done. but if there is a slight doubt in the investigation, the punishment cannot be done. so if the non-Muslim know the process of the investigation, how they can feel oppressed? by the way, if i'm not mistaken, hudud is only for Muslim right? if i'm wrong, do and please correct me. from my opinion, why non-Muslim can't accept Islamic law or shariah because we as a Muslim ourselves rejected it at the first place. this is the problem, not because of the multi-racial or multi religion issues. furthermore the so called civil law that we practiced right now is man-made law and it can be adjusted anytime we want, but Shariah is a divine law, sent down by Allah and it is complete, cannot be adjusted and suitable for all mankind.
but, for some comment, i agreed with you.
and for all including myself, we are here not discussing through an opinion from a Malay point of view, but a Muslim point of view.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:12 pm

thnx ms wan sabiha.
i would like to say that i opt for hudud punishment, BUT, as our country is not islamic county, hudud can never be imposed upon the subjects.
art 4 stated that the federal constitution is the law of the land, any law which go against (ultra vires) to the constitution shall be null and void. this implicates that if hudud punishment were to be imposed in the federation, no one, including indians etc are not exempted from the punishment. and consequently, they would go for hostility. think rationally, islamic law is solely for muslims, in the light of art 4, NO ONE CAN BE EXEMPTED, thus, if non-muslims bequest their property, do they have to follow the islamic law?
exactly yes, they have to follow islamic law, on the basis that, they r also the subject of the constitution. but, there will be no fairness and justice on their side. they would feel the law is oppressing them instead of securing their rights.
noted that, islamic law is for muslim, ms.sabiha.
i think, the constitution is fair enough as we are implementing ta'zir, which also uphold the islamic principles.
do not get confuse, read our constitution, scrutinise it, so that you would understand the relationship between one article and another.
Pakistan is an islamic country, which well-known with their outstanding scholars. what happen now is that, they legalise transgender. is that the exact meaning of islamic country, which propound islamic law wholly but not in the matter of fundamental liberties?
in our constitution, we have art 11 (freedom of religion). anyone is free to embrace any religions as they wish. however, not muslims, they cannot renounce islam. art 11 (4) stated that only the religion of islam can be propagated, not another religion.
thnx-rafiqree-

Last edited by 1016119 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Islamic law in Malaysia   law and revelation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm agree with you.. But as long as the constitution is the highest law in Malaysia, the Islamic law still could not be implemented. For example, Kelantan state government has approved the enactment of hudud and qisas in Kelantan when winning the general election. However, what was the outcome? Why? All because of the constitution. We admit that the constitution is the highest level in the structure of the Administration in Malaysia. In short, state governments can pass laws in the state assembly, but in all trials, the judge will refer to the Constitution, any regulations that conflict with the constitution itself will automatically be disqualified. Here is a simple justification can be explained why the federal government does not implement the Hudud and Qisas including the government state of Kelantan. It is clearly stated in the Article 4(1) of the Federal Constitution "This Constitution is the supreme law of the Federation and any law passed after Merdeka Day which is inconsistent with this Constitution shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void." We need to know that the maximum sentence of shariah Law is a summary by the ratio of 3:5:6, the offense is RM3000 fine, 5 years in prison and six lashes. That is the fate of Islamic law in our country. There is no guarantee the law of Islam will be implemented by the opposition or the government "because if the majority of people refuse or are not educated, it is impossible to be implemented". This my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wanSabiha

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:56 pm

tanx for the comment..yes i agree that Malaysia is not the Islamic country, but most of our citizen are Muslim. Islamic law should be imposed whenever there are Muslims live there. and yet i agree that we cant imposed Islamic law in our country because of the constitution. but everything can be changed if there is effort to make our country practice Islamic law. everything is possible as long as someone make a move. like 1018897 said that, when Kelantan state government opposed hudud and qisas, they win the election. if non-Muslims do not agree with the enactment, why they still vote for the current Kelantan state government.that means, the citizen want Islamic law to be practiced. but, if you remember, the person that against hudud n qisas in Kelantan is actually Muslim people themselves, i could not remember there are non-Muslims that did not agree with the decision. like you said, non-Muslims is also the part of constitution, and if our system change to Islamic system, they have to follow. as i know, Islam will never force non-Muslims people to follow Islamic rule, unless they want to follow it by themselves. Islam have special treatment to non-Muslim regarding to the law. they didn't have to follow the punishment that have been decided in Islam. what did i think right now is, the law that been used to treat Muslim problem must used Islamic law n for those non-Muslim we can use civil law. if the case happen between non-Muslim and Muslim, we can get it back to the history during the prophet time. our religion is comprehensive, complete and suitable for all mankind. i still didn't get why do you keep saying that, it will be unfair if we imposed Islamic law. is that because Islamic law is from religion and yet has to be practiced by the believers itself only. as i know, non-Muslims right now is going back towards Islamic concept. for example, business and finance. they rather choose Islamic finance and business transaction. this show that, they start to accept Islam. if they feel unfair with the Islamic law in Finance, they will never choose Islamic finance. this clearly show that Islamic law can be imposed and accepted by everybody. but the problem is, we didn't want to try it. furthermore, why we want to take a bad example, why we didn't choose prophet time to be the example? that is the best example that we ever had. and one more thing, if we imposed the Islamic law in our country, it doesn't means that all non-Muslim have to revert into Islam. they still have freedom to embrace any religion that they want. and for your information, just an additional info, the pope in Philippine said that, "the economic problem that the world is facing right now can only be solved by Islamic Economic" this is from the economic side and think it in the Islamic law side. what do you think? if the non-Muslims, the highest leaders in their religion said that, what their believer will think. obviously they will believe what that pope said. and if we show them how beautiful Islamic law is, Insya-Allah, one day all of them will face towards Islam.

p/s>please and do correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still learning and this is my personal opinion
i like the opinion from 1018891, "There is no guarantee the law of Islam will be implemented by the opposition or the government "because if the majority of people refuse or are not educated, it is impossible to be implemented". good words~ =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:42 pm

exactly.. u got the point there..the people who make the law actually are the leaders of the country..this might sound offensive but, truthfully, i can say that majority of them are secular. they pointed out that islamic law is old law, but their minds are actually old and damaged. they cant see the beauty of islam.
our previous leaders have allocated all the acts espacially articles in the fed consti to preserve the continuity of the sacred principles. do u think they will feel secure if they themselves opt and eager to implement islamic law?
oUr previous PM propagated what it calls islam hadari, do u think he really practising it? or to be more cruel, do u think he himself know the exact meaning of it?
i dont want to give any proves because this might humiliate him, but, we ought to know that the problem is the thoughts of the people.
malaysia is not an islamic country, but the best endeavor had been assorted. still, as long as the divinity of the religion has not been questioned, the article in the federal constitution is still relevant.
we who learn law, every single day branstorming what should be done in the future to make Malaysia the best way of living for muslims. As far as i concerned, we are secured by the acts as well as the federal constitution. try not to question why the law acts such, but ask why the legislature enacts such.
thnx for your oustanding comment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Law and revelation are both inter related to each other..Basically, when we talk about law, one must bear in mind that Islamic Law i.e Shariah Law is derived from divine sources which are al Quran and Sunnah unlike the civil or conventional law which is based on human reasoning and wisdom. Due to the fact that human reasoning are sometimes defective, it is incomplete and caters wordly affairs only but Shariah Law is different because it caters both wordly affairs and the hereafter. The purpose of implementing Shariah Law is to please Allah and ensure justice and fairness are uphold for the benefit of human kind. With regard to Malaysia, recently there is controversial issues about plan to consider the implementation of Shariah Law to replace the present law i.e Civil Law but the controversy arose when people claim that Shariah Law is not suitable to be implemented due to multiracial population and the fear of Hudud and Qisas punishment. Multiracial population should never become the issue because we must bear in our mind that the crime rates nowadays and the social ill is increasing in number day by day. Law functions as a tool to discipline people and ensure their obedience to justice. If people are not afraid of law and its punishment, they would easily go against the law as reflected in the crime rates nowadays. I understand why people are afraid of this Hudud and Qisas punishment. It is because they fear of its severe punishment. However, isn't it good to have a law that people are afraid of and to obey to? We must also understand that it is not easy to execute the punishment in Shariah Law, there are certain criteria need to be considered before it can be executed. This opinion will go nowhere if our Legislative Authority i.e Parliament do nothing and silent on this matter. It has been 54 years of Independence and it is this period we are upholding the man made law. So, it is time for us to realize the importance of Shariah law when looking at the current social ill which is non stop and need to be curb by means of implementing a law that is comprehensive and could ensure obedience of people.tq!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

law and revelation Empty
PostSubject: Re: law and revelation   law and revelation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

law and revelation
Page 1 of 1