Islam, Konwledge & Civilization

A Class Learning Tool

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Engineering And Revelation

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Engineering And Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Engineering And Revelation   Engineering And Revelation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Assalammualaikum to this topic reader, these are some of the things i would like to share with all of you.

The wonders of the revelation have no boundary, everything we do in this world in any means do related to the revelation. Our life, every aspects of it can be related to the revelation even to our field of studies. In my case, engineering do indeed have several relationships in some of the messages in the Quran.
Firstly, we have to understand our purpose of continuing our studies in our respective course that is for the sake of the ultimate purpose, which is to please Allah (S.W.T.). We should always remember that all of our hard-work in our studies is not for the sake of getting a job, getting a lot of money but, for the greater purpose. In surahtul kahf, verses 94-96:

94. They said: "O Zul-qarnain! the Gog and Magog do great mischief on earth: shall we then render Thee tribute In order Thou mightest erect a barrier between us and them?
95. He said: "(The power) In which My Lord has me is better (than tribute): help me Therefore with strength (and I will erect a strong barrier between you and them:
96. "Bring me blocks of iron." at length, when He had up the space between the two steep mountain-sides, He said, "Blow (with bellows)" then, when He had made it (red) As fire, He said: "Bring me, that may pour over it, molten lead."

In the ayah, the people which is between two mountains asked Dzulqarnain for his help to build a barrier between the Gog and Magog and them and would pay him handsomely. But Dzulqarnain refuse the payment and said that “the power in which My Lord has established me is better (than tribute)” and he built the barrier with the help of those people. It is clear from the message that, Dzulqarnain uses his engineering skills and knowledge in building the barrier and he did it for the greater purpose and not to his own benefit nor to his own pride.
This is a great inspiration for me as I’m taking material engineering and could do a lot for the world if I’m true to Allah swt in all of my actions and in all of my studies.

MHN (1014831)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Engineering And Revelation
Page 1 of 1